What if I don't want to give up meat?

I am glad you asked! I do believe everyone has a choice and I also believe that no one can make a good choice without being informed. So here you go, what if you don't want to give up meat? What if you don't want to become a vegan? There are still many choices you can make to better your life, the life of your loved ones, and the life of animals.

1. Try to buy your meat, dairy, and eggs from a local, reputable farmer. I am always weary of places that will not allow people on their farms. It makes me wonder what they are hiding.

2. Educate yourself on where your food comes from. If you are buying from a grocery store, ask yourself some of these questions. How are the animals treated? Are they given antibiotics and hormones? What conditions do they live in? What are they fed? Remember, what they are fed you are eating.

3. Consider eating more fruits and veggies. As you eat more, you will become full and naturally you will eat less meat. Think about it as ADDING something to your diet instead of taking something away. You are not depriving yourself of animal products, you are treating yourself to healthy fruits and veggies.

4. Meat-Free days. Take one day a week and make it a meat-free day. You can also start by taking one meal a week and make it a meat-free meal. Look up recipes and meat-free meal ideas so you are not feeling like you are limiting yourself. You can see it as trying something new and broadening your horizon to new food ideas.

5. Keep an open mind. If you try something and don't like it, move on to something else. I have had plenty of trial and error on my journey. Research things that just so happen to be made without animal products. Switch a few ingredients in recipes to make your food animal free. (apple sauce for eggs in baking is an example). Ask questions to people who are already living a meat free lifestyle. I find that many of my non-vegan friends surprisingly really love the plant-based food I eat.

As a by product, you will feel so much better than you do now. There are MANY health benefits to a plant-based lifestyle. I challenge you to give it a shot....Hey, you never know until you try. :)

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

But What Can I Dunk My Oreo In?!

Being Vegan In A Meat-Eater's World

Don't Be Crazy!