That's So Cheesy!

Let's talk CHEESE! Everyone Loves Cheese! Well, most everyone. What is the common response when people find out you are vegan? I don't know about you but I usually get something like, "I could never go vegan. I love cheese too much!"

Cheese. You know why people love cheese so much? Because it is addictive. Yep, I said it. That dirty word no one ever wants to talk about. Cheese actually has a chemical in it that makes you want to go back to it. So essentially, it's not your fault. You come by it honestly. I am actually a recovering Cheese Addict. Hello. My name is Holly and I am/was addicted to cheese.

 My mom makes this killer homemade Mac and Cheese. In fact, it was my favorite and every time I came home to visit I would always request she make it for me. She, of course, knew to always buy more cheese than she really needed because I would definitely be cutting of slices from the blocks of cheese as soon as I got there. I wanted cheese on everything! It made the world a better place. Yum!
My point is to show you that I too thought I would never go vegan because I could never possibly consider giving up cheese!

Fast forward to today and here I am all happy and stuff with no cheese in my life. Well, no dairy cheese in my life. My love for cheese sent me down the road of vegan cheese. I had to find a way to satiate my desire so I started to investigate vegan cheeses. I found many that I did not like but a few that I find delicious. I don't really eat much in my diet these days but when I am wanting something cheesy here is a list of my go to's. (In no particular order)

1. Follow Your Heart (Can be found at your local grocery store)

2. Kite Hill (Found at Whole Foods. I found their cream cheese at Publix so hopefully they will start carrying more of this brand.)

3. Heidi Ho (Found at Whole Foods.)

4. Nutritional Yeast ( Can be found at your local grocery store. I sprinkle this on spaghetti and popcorn. I also use it in any homemade  cheese sauces. )

*Please add your favorites in the comment section below!*

"Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them." Hebrews 7:25

Comments

  1. Good suggestions! I heard that they make cheese from cashews... but I haven't tried it yet!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

But What Can I Dunk My Oreo In?!

Being Vegan In A Meat-Eater's World

Don't Be Crazy!